ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic field
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 19:10:00 GMT
I guess Nicolas refers to the Extensibility Pattern
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/General+Entity+Overview#GeneralEntityOverview-ExtensibilityPattern

Examples in the existing data model are a good way to understand this pattern...

HTH

Jacques

Le 08/02/2017 à 17:37, Nicolas Malin a écrit :

> On most Entity you have a linked EntityAttr to manage specific data. Feel free to use
it to record any value.

> After you can use as you wish on your screen or service
>
> Nicolas
>

> Le 08/02/2017 à 17:10, Ahmad Rabab’ah a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Nic,
>>
>> Thank you for the details.
>>
>> What I have is based on a business requirement that was received by the customer.
The requirement is to allow the customer to add a dummy field
>> (informative) that will allow the user to add a piece of data related to a certain
entity.

>> I know that “Ofbiz is stronger than us” so we are studying the available options
to implement this.

>> Do you have any possible workaround to have this implemented without altering the
way ofbiz works.

system and to do that with performance, it need to load,
>> control, optimize the data model and integrate it with all other components.
>>
>> Generally we want realize this operation by lazy to understand what do you want with
the data and lazy to understand if OFBiz already managed it by
>> a different way. In my society we finished to say "OFBiz is stronger than YOU" because
on most of time, all we need already exist.