ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz Community Days 2017
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 15:22:22 GMT
If it's only a rename then I also prefer Community Day sounds over Community Weekend :)

Jacques

Le 01/02/2017 à 16:12, Sharan Foga a écrit :
> Hi Jacques
>
> I suppose technically we already have a 'Community Weekend' as the Jira sprints include
the Friday before and generally finish on the Tuesday afterwards. It sounds like what you
are suggesting is just a rename.

> I must admit that from a language perspective Community Day sounds nicer to me than Community
Weekend but if people are keen to change it to make it clearer to the community then it's
an easy thing to do.

> Thanks
> Sharan
>
> On 2017-02-01 14:04 (+0100), Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>> Hi Sharan,
>>
>> With Nicolas and Michael we evoked the possibility to have "Community Weekends for
2017" rather than "Community Days for 2017".

>> I suggested they could start Friday morning and end Tuesday evening
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 31/01/2017  11:58, Sharan Foga a crit :
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> Please see below for the proposed dates for the Community Days for 2017.
>>>
>>> - Saturday 18th February
>>> - Saturday 20th May
>>> - Saturday 19th August
>>> - Saturday 18th November
>>>
>>> You will see that I'd like to move the dates out a little. This is mainly because
our final Community Day tends to happen around the Christmas holidays when so not many people
are available.

>>> I've also updated our Community Days wiki page
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days
>>>
>>> What do people think ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Sharan

I'd like to get some feedback from the community to find out if people still think having
these are a good idea and want to continue them for 2017.