ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Hans Bakker <h.bak...@antwebsystems.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Subsidiaries in OfBiz
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 01:14:53 GMT
Good morning!

Let me share our experiences running ofbiz in a ofbiz tenant environment
with completely independent companies in separate databases.
We did this for about 2-3 years where we patched ofbiz to have:
1. multiple url's for a single tenant
2. add tenants without restart
3. a number of menus to add/disable tenants, delete and reload data and
make and restore backups.
4.We also had a way to enable certain components in hot-deploy for a
specific tenant.

This tenant component is not maintained any more but is still available
at: https://gerrit.antwebsystems.com/#/admin/projects/tenant

However, although it worked, it needed a lot of maintenance and
monitoring and got too complicated.

So, we now switched to a docker environment where we use ofbiz in a
docker container which is used in demo and production. Every company has
its own ofbiz docker image which is automatically built and installed in
production from Git once a day when there were changes in the
repository.(our GrowERP continuous everything platform) Now it is much
easier to have specific changes for specific companies. Further scaling
application servers is now much easier.
This is now running for over a year and is much easier to maintain.

All software required to run this setup is open source and can be found
at our gerrit.antwebsystems.com git repository as source; compiled
versions at https://www.growerp.com/control/main?contentId=GROWERP_DEMO

Regards,
Hans Bakker

CEO antwebsystems.com

On 31/01/17 16:14, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi James
>
> At one point the standard OFBiz demo had demo data that was that of a global parent company
with multiple subsidiaries. We decided it was a bit too complicated a setup for most people
so simplified the demo data to be a lot simpler (i.e a single company).

> This means that somewhere in our SVN there are some demo data files that could help you
if you are having problems setting things up.

--

Regards,

Hans Bakker
CEO, http://antwebsystems.com