ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OFBiz 16.11.01 docker demo-data image
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 08:30:03 GMT
Hi Paul

Thanks for sharing this. It sounds like something that could be very useful.  Would you be
interested in creating a page on the wiki and adding these details as an option for potential
users?

Thanks
Sharan

On 2017-01-17 19:23 (+0100), Paul Mandeltort <paul@marcospec.com> wrote:
> Hey guys, thought you’d be interested in a side project I’ve been working on
to smooth out our devops. One of the biggest pain points for me in OFbiz development and deployment
(as an end user) is managing the complex dependencies and differences between JDK’s,
OS’s, hardware platforms, etc. Docker solves all of these problems.

> Even spinning up a demo of OFBiz is needlessly complicated in a world where I can hop
on the app store and have an application as complex as Apple Xcode installed on my local with
one click.

> Docker is as big of a revolution as virtualization for development and deployment, and
is taking over the IT dev-ops and development world.

> I noticed several other OFBiz docker projects on dockerhub but none of them have been
updated for the 16.11.01 release.

> Have a look here - I preloaded a copy of the ofbiz 16.1 1.01 release with the demo data
for immediate download and execution. You can start up ofbiz in under 5 minutes now (Depending
on your internet bandwidth). This is ideal for any folks evaluating ofbiz or want a quick
copy to hack at.

> https://hub.docker.com/r/marcopinball/ofbiz-demo/ <https://hub.docker.com/r/marcopinball/ofbiz-demo/>
>
> If you already have docker installed,
>
> docker run -d -p 8080:8080 -p 8443:8443 marcopinball/ofbiz-demo:latest
>
> This downloads and runs a image preloaded with OpenJDK8, Debian Linux, and the out-of-the-box
demo and derby database components pre-compiled and loaded, with the JVM pre-tweaked to 2GB
Xmx.

> Grab a cup of coffee while it loads, then
>
> https://localhost:8443/ should be ready to roll!
>
> Would love to see an official OFBiz repo w/ automated builds on Dockerhub.  I’m
still experimenting and learning with which volumes to expose for data retention/configuration.
Right now the entityengine.xml config path is expose so theoretically you can feed your own
entityengine.xml in there and attach this instance to a different database.