ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pranay Pandey <pranay.pan...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject OFBiz Tutorial for Beginners Updated and Ready for Reference
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 13:08:19 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Here is the overhauled OFBiz Tutorial for your reference -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/cQFk
The tutorial has been restructured considering R15.12 branch, I am going to
make updates for trunk as well. I would love to hear back from you for any
feedback you have or any improvements you see is needed. Thanks so much
Swapnil M Mane for all your hard work and support in completing this new
version of OFBiz tutorial for beginners.

This time based on my experience that I have while giving training to
developers on Apache OFBiz, I have tried to cover almost all those details
that a beginner developer expects at one place such as-
- Introduction to OFBiz
- Service entity-auto, Java, and Groovy
- Services Vs Events
- UI Customization with Decorator Screens
and much more.

This tutorial is absolutely built for the beginners, for any of the
advanced topics we'll create child pages to it. E.g.
1. Ajax Requests
2. OFBiz as API Server
3. OFBiz Developer Tools (web tools)
4. Extending an Existing OFBiz Application
and so on....

As a next step, now I am going to first create videos for each of the
headings in this tutorial, as uploaded on OFBiz YouTube channel, will link
these with it. Definitely, the plan for videos is going to be the same for
any of the advanced tutorials as well.

Also planning to have one parent document for Advanced OFBiz Tutorials
which will give developers an easy access to advanced tutorials.

Please let me know your feedback for any required improvements you see or
anything that you have in your wishlist as a user/developer that you would
like to add to the tutorial. Let's work together and make it very easy for
any new developer to start working with Apache OFBiz.

Best regards,

Pranay Pandey
HotWax Systems
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/