ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject OFBiz Community Day - 17th December 2016
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:34:52 GMT
Hi Everyone

Our final Community Day for 2016 is coming up on 17th December. If you are new to the community
or not sure what our Community Days are all about then please take a look at the following
wiki page

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Community+Days

If you would like to participate (and we'd like as many people as possible :-) then please
start thinking about what area or task you'd like to work on.

Please see below for some possible focus areas for the community day.

* Framework Re-factoring*
Help us tidy up our existing code. Have you seen something that you could improve? (Don't
forget to take a look at Jira as someone may have already found the issue).

*Testing, Review and Committing Patches*
One area that is always important is the testing and applying of patches. Our Community members
have continually provided patches for bugs and improvements but before committing them we
need to test them.

Patches can become out of date very quickly meaning that if they are not tested early enough
then they can miss out on being included. We have a large number of patches available so this
could be a good opportunity for test, review and commit.

*Documentation*
We know that our documentation could be a whole lot better, and there have been some discussions
happening on our dev list recently about putting it together in more unified structure so
any contribution that helps us improve our current documentation is welcome.

*Jira Sprint*
As usual I will create a Jira sprint in preparation for the Community Day so once created
please start adding your Jira tasks to it. This Jira Sprint helps us track and report on the
work done during the Community Day so please try to make sure your work is included.

*HipChat Room*
If you haven't already taken a look, the our OFBiz HipChat room is available all the time
but can be especially useful when collaborating on a Community Day.  Join our room using the
link below:

https://www.hipchat.com/g4vOayvmc

Please add the date to your diary and let's see if we can do some work, have fun and enjoy
working together on our Community Day.

Thanks
Sharan