ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] Trunk demo crashed
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 09:36:35 GMT
Hi Craig,

If you want to 'play', or experiment with OFBiz I would say: anything
goes....

I like your analogy of the different crews building the house. Ant vs
Gradle is like that. You could say that both achieve the same result, yet
the one builds on the experience of the other.
But it is one thing to build the house. It is another thing to live in the
house. The same applies to playing vs working with OFBiz. When playing with
you'll bound to accept more exceptions than when working with. Because
different requirements exist or can be thought of.

These requirements might be unknown when starting to play with, and may
become clear when playing with. And when acknowledged will tighten the
leeway for a production setup.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>