ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] Trunk demo crashed
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 08:39:30 GMT
Hi Craig,

This is explained here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProductionSetupGuide-RunningOFBiz

Jacques

Le 15/12/2016 à 03:53, Craig Parker a écrit :
> I'm a day late and a dollar short on this one maybe... Pierre, can you explain this comment
to a bit of a Java noob? I'm wondering about two terms
> you mention, but also if I'm doing something wrong by using gradle to get a working instance
of OFBiz running for me to play with.

> If it is, no problem, just point me in the direction of some education. I really want
to get going on OFBiz and help with docs on the way. I'm
> really hoping that my experience will help some small business owner who would otherwise
throw up his hands at what he's currently got to go on for
> docs.
>
> If gradle and ant are just "build solutions," then I guess I'm not sure how you'd fire
this software up without either of them in a production
> environment.
>
> Jacques later commented:

> Another possibility is to not use Gradle to deploy but plain Java
>
> Jacques
>
> How? Is that outlined somewhere in a doc I've missed?
>
> Does using ant vs. gradle create the same thing (like a crew of Norwegians vs. a crew
of Egyptians building a house from the same blueprint -- house
> ends up looking the same but the two work crews look, act, and sound radically different)
or am I totally missing the mark?

> Any helpful, wise-cracking, get off this mailing list, or "derogatory noob" types of
comments are most welcome. I work at a proprietary ERP company,
> and plan on picking one of the friendlier devs brains over the next couple of days. It
will help at my job too, so it's technically ok...  :)