ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Harri Randoja <ha...@ultrasoft.ee>
Subject Help with iCalendar, ofbiz 15.12
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 21:17:58 GMT
Hi.

I'm new to ofbiz(user, not a developer) and my native language isn't
English, so just hope you'll understand.

I'm trying to sync my Lightning calendar with workeffort tasks. There is
a problem with special characters in task name or description (ä,ö,ü).
Lightning error:
"Error code: CAL_UTF8_DECODING_FAILED. Description: An error occured
while decoding an iCalendar (ics) file as UTF-8. Check that the file,
including symbols and accented letters, is encoded using the UTF-8
character encoding."

My question is, how can I change the encoding of the ics file the ofbiz
workeffort iCalendar functionality generates?

Ofbiz version 15.12.

I switched user's language to et_EE (not in config file).

My server's(linux) locale:
LANG=et_EE.utf8
LC_CTYPE="et_EE.utf8"
LC_NUMERIC="et_EE.utf8"
LC_TIME="et_EE.utf8"
and java variables:
file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
sun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8
file.encoding=UTF-8
sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle

Are they ok?

I tried to test iCalendar functionality on ofbiz 16.11, but
iCalendar/CALENDAR_PUB_DEMO/ redirects to iCalendar/control/main instead
of returning ics file.

Hope you can give me some hints to solve the problem.

Thank you for great work you have done!

Harri