ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use Agreement Items in Quote
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:08:16 GMT
Rishi, Florian, all,

It is fairly common in various sectors that companies have framework
agreements with their suppliers (and thus the other way around also), that
define not also the terms and conditions regarding the delivery of service
and/or goods. But also define how process flows.

So, a framework can contains all defining aspects that must be reflected in
the documents generated and relating to RFQs, quote confirmations, crders,
crder confirmations, invoices, packing slips, etc.

In the scenario described by Florian - and in often in general - the
business process goes from (framework) agreement to quote, and from quote
to order. I have yet to see a process that goes from order to quote.

As to answering the question of Florian:
Such a (set of) functions are currently not available in the feature set.
If you feel this would be an enhancement that would increase adoption, feel
free to create a JIRA issue and help getting that resolved.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services