ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Nick Rosser <nros...@solveda.com>
Subject RE: [MARKETING] Draft Pages for New OFBiz Website
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 12:57:29 GMT
Nice work Sharan!

Agree with Ashish about the white text on grey background. Hard to read.

Would suggest that the site is "full width" (100%) -- we are all getting larger monitors and
the trend is for full width with RWD taking care of all other devices / sizes.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashish Vijaywargiya [mailto:ashish.vijaywargiya@hotwaxsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:53 AM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: [MARKETING] Draft Pages for New OFBiz Website

Hello Sharan,

Thanks so much for sharing the template for new website. It looks very good. Thanks Taher
and Fernando for your help on this.
I am sharing few points where we can discuss and conclude:

1) If we talk about slider then it has Grey Background and text is written in White and it
is hard to read those content. In recent conversation it is discussed that it will be changed
with Actual images so probably this point will be taken care at that time.

2) Can we shift "Download OFBiz" block to second position? I think when a
*new* user comes to the page then first he has thoughts in mind like What is OFBiz, What are
the features supported by OFBiz, Whether it can be right fit for my business or not. And if
user thinks those details convincing one then he can go ahead and download the software. So
putting second block to the first position seems more logical to me.

3) Now if we talk about second block: Can we improve the second line? A common architecture
..... This line particularly addresses the interest developer. I think we can phrase a line
that says "End User" or all the user. I know it can be tricky one but we can talk like what
can be better line that can be used there.

4) Inside Powerful Java Web Framework -> Can we change "sporting" word to "featuring" or
may be some other better word.

5) Does this "Mature" word looks good to be used with ERP, specially using it with main heading
looks good? I was exploring the usage of this word and landed to this page - http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/mature.
Any other word can be used in place of Mature?

6) Please confirm that "Community" link will be navigating user to Mailing List page? And
"Users" link will be navigating user to this page - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/IQFk.
Please confirm?

I hope my points are valid one and will be helpful to make ofbiz new website more user friendly.
Please feel free to ignore any points that you think are not relevant.
Thanks!

--
Kind Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya