ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: {MARKETING] New OFBiz Logo for Website
Date Sun, 29 May 2016 09:28:59 GMT
I like how the f of OFBiz is stylised. In the old days (before the EURO) it
was the symbol of the Dutch currency (Guilder), which was derived from the
Italian Florin. In that respect I find it fitting to be part of the logo,
as it represents money for me. And that relates directly to the product.

While we - in general - type the name of our project and product with the
first three letters in capitals (OFBiz), we don't have to follow that
regime when it comes to logo's, shields, etc. There it is all about brand
recognition. And, in my opinion, it doesn't matter that we say:

   - o-f-biz,
   - ofbiz,
   - or however one wants to express it.

I get the idea/thought process behind it and I can relate that back to the
project or product. And if it unclear to me, I can ask....

So when the project feels it needs to be very strict regarding this, please
create the appropriate page (on our website/in our wiki), and you (who feel
so) try to enforce it. I won't, as I rather focus on other aspects.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services