ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Apachecon NA 2016 - Summary Update
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 15:15:21 GMT
OFBiz is a bit of an anomaly in the Apache world where most of the
products are tools (all the Big Data stuff) or infrastructure
components  (Cloudstack, HTTP, Tomcat)
where technical details are really important.

I think that the mixing in of the framework as part of the ERP adds a
bit to the confusion.
No one chooses OFBiz because of the framework even though it is key to
the end-user functionality.

If the framework is a product, it needs to be clearly separated from the
OFBiz ERP marketing information.

If it is not a product, it becomes a one or two point item in the
feature/benefit list with the emphasis on how it adds to the ERP.

Ron