ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Vijaywargiya <ashish.vijaywarg...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: Ofbiz Development
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 04:24:13 GMT
Hello,

We are managing so many servers here at HotWax. All our server starts ofbiz
based instance within 15-30 seconds at max.

If we talk about restart of server following points needs to be considered.

-- If infra setup is good like Xmx, Xms settings are good for JAVA and you
have enough memory(RAM) on the server then server doesn't need a restart
for any number of days.

-- Apache Connection settings plays important role and if your settings are
good then you are good on that front. There is a formula to find out the
limit of connections that your server can handle, it basically consider
server processor and RAM. Sometime there can be bot attack as well which
can make your server unresponsive so you can control those settings as well
in Apache Server.

-- Sometime due to memory leaks, bad code server creates issues. Log4j api
is integrated with OFBiz so you can check the logs and identify the actual
problem which makes your server unresponsive.

-- If we talk about Development box then now a days computers are powerful
and you get SSD(Solid State Drives) as a default storage in your laptops.
So if you have SSD and more than 8GB of RAM then you are safe to do good
and fast development with Apache OFBiz project.

Thanks!

--
Kind Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya