ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Rob Montalvo <robmonta...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject eCommerce app related (UI) question
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 15:43:28 GMT
Dear gurus,
I recently discovered OFBiz and all I can say is WOW!I am excited about the possibility to
make a contribution to this great effort.
At this time, however, I have much to learn and it will be several weeks before I can jump
on board and attempt to give something back in return.
>From an outsider point of view, there is a lot of documentation available, some of which
is very helpful.
I want to make some "very minor" (at least in my mind) modifications to the eCommerce UI,
but I have not been able to find any pointers on how to do what I want to do.
Specifically, I want to:
1. change the background color on the (eCommerce) web app,2. use a .png file as background
at the top (banner?) of the landing page, and3. remove some of the elements (widgets?) which
I consider to be non-essential and (potentially) distracting for certain audiences (like the
catalog selection, the polls, and others).
Regarding the first two points above, I have come across some documentation that mentions
.CSS files, but I have not found enough to take a stab at this.With respect to the third point,
I am guessing that I would have to modify a configuration file of some sort...  not sure
which, though.
That said, is it possible to accomplish what I want to do in OFBiz?
If so, can anyone please refer me to any documentation that I could consult to try to achieve
what I set out to do?If such documentation does not exist, can anyone please point me to the
files/code I would have to modify to obtain the desired outcome?
Thank you very much in advance!
Respectfully,Rob