ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Shi Jinghai <huaru...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz for the Textile Industry
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 00:35:15 GMT
SKU, color, size, price, brand and etc. in textile industry are not
difficult for OFBiz. You have to pay attention on publishing products and
exchanging order/inventory info between OFBiz and sales channels especially
B2C websites such as Amazon.

Is there any EDI center of textile industry in USA similar to B24 in Europe?
If yes, I'm afraid you have to do some PriCat and EDI development as well.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Nick Rosser [mailto:nrosser@solveda.com]
发送时间: 2016年1月8日 4:04
收件人: user@ofbiz.apache.org
主题: RE: OFBiz for the Textile Industry

B2B

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Wheeler [mailto:rwheeler@artifact-software.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:07 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: OFBiz for the Textile Industry

I would suspect that the width is identified in the SKU.
54 inch white cotton is a different product from a 2 meter width of the
identical material.

You may want to ask if you have to keep track of dye lots within a single
product.

Is the prospect a B2B or B2C situation?

You may have to deal with lots of conversion between incoming material and
outgoing - bolt, rolls, yards, metres, pounds, kilograms to yards or metres,

Ron

On 07/01/2016 1:44 PM, Nick Rosser wrote:
> Some context around this - we are talking with a company that is a
retailer of textile fabrics. We have not done anything in this industry and
I would suspect that there are many nuances around the ERP processing for
this type of product line. Example: fabric inventory would be stored as a
specific width and yardage. And much more that I'm sure I'm unaware of ...

--
Ron Wheeler
President