ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Tiwonge Kawonga <tjeru...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: ofbiz cannot generate pdf invoices
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2016 15:42:42 GMT
Ok, I will do that.

Thanx.

Tiwonge

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>
Date:Sun, 3 Jan, 2016 at 2:53 PM
Subject:Re: ofbiz cannot generate pdf invoices

This is how to create a Jira, you can use the texts you used so far to fill the description.
The aim is to have you contributing more in the future :)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

Thanks!

Jacques

Le 03/01/2016 13:03, Tiwonge Kawonga a écrit :
> Jacques,
>
> I am still new to ofbiz and I don't know how to create a jira. But I can explain what
was the problem. In setting up the party (the company) I did not specify that one of the purposes
of the postal address is for general correspondence. Once I did that, the problem disappeared.

> Thank you for following up on the issue.
>

> Regards
>
> Tiwonge
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
> From:"Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com>
> Date:Sun, 3 Jan, 2016 at 1:49 PM
> Subject:Re: ofbiz cannot generate pdf invoices
>
>  From your report, I believe I fixed the issue in trunk at r1722712 using Groovy safe
navigation operator

> Please create a Jira issue for me to backport to releases branches and create a mean
to report in our releases notes

> Thanks!
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 03/01/2016 05:27, Tiwonge Kawonga a écrit :
>> Thanx. You and Swapnil Mane pointed into the right direction which has resolved the
issue.

>> Regards
>>
>> Tiwonge
>>
>> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>>
>> From:"Scott Gray" <scott.gray@hotwaxsystems.com>
>> Date:Sun, 3 Jan, 2016 at 4:42 AM
>> Subject:Re: ofbiz cannot generate pdf invoices
>>
>> That error looks like a bug in CompanyHeader.groovy, it's not check that an
>> address was retrieved before trying to access it.
>>
>> You can work around that issue by adding a "General Location" postal
>> address for the company party.  It might not help your currency issue, but
>> will get you one step further along.
>>
>> Regards
>> Scott
>>

>> On 3 January 2016 at 06:15, Tiwonge Kawonga <tjeruzga@yahoo.com.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is part of log print out that may help you to help me.
>>> [component://order/widget/ordermgr/OrderPrintScreens.xml#CompanyLogo]:
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error running script at location
>>> [component://order/webapp/ordermgr/WEB-INF/actions/order/CompanyHeader.groovy]:
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'countryGeoId' on null
>>> object. Rolling back transaction.
>>> 2016-01-02 18:26:57,719 |-0.0.0.0-8443-exec-8
>>> Calling transaction setRollbackOnly; this stack trace shows where this is
>>> happening:
>>> java.lang.Exception: Error rendering screen