ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz demos all down
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 10:30:41 GMT
FYI: We got another old demo (R12.04) crash yesterday. So it seems Java 8 is not the issue.
I'll wait a bit and put it back, it seems using nice and
ionice commands helps

You can now see in the footer which Java version has been used to compile a running instance
(using ant svninfo or gitinfo)

Jacques

Le 14/11/2015 12:15, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
> Despite running under Java 7 with a longer time w/o VM crashing we got another crash
today. So at least Java 8 was not the only reason. I still keep
> Java 7, since we had no issues before switching to 8, but it seems there is another issue.
>
> ||The cron job, which runs nightly to restart the demos, will now use "nice -n 19 ionice
-c2 -n7" which is as nice as possible. We will see if that
> helps.
>
> The demos restart (nicely), stay tuned...
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 05/11/2015 13:44, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> All demos now run under Java 7
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 05/11/2015 09:29, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>> OK, my last thought: no needs to revert in trunk I will simply revert on the
VM and will make Java 7 our default version on VM

>>> Waiting for infra (they are bored with my request I guess :D)
>>>
>>> Jacques

demos suck/s all the VM power (100% CPU too long)

Perhaps we need to check the logs for memory leaks.

:
due to OFBiz itself but the OFBIZ-VM the ASF infra team provides us for the demos.