ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Nick Rosser <nros...@solveda.com>
Subject RE: [MARKETING] OFBiz New Website Structure Proposals – Feedback Required
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 14:18:08 GMT
Sharan,

Nice job, never easy putting this stuff together.

I like pieces from both – this can’t be an “A” or “B” choice. My 2 cents:

Getting Started (B). I like this – I think that most new visitors will click into the section.
I would have Business Users before Developers –

Solutions (combine from A and B). I like the “By Role” approach. I would look to combine
so we would have Solutions -> By Role (with sub options of CEO, CIO etc) and Solutions
-> by Business Need (with sub options of ERP, E-Commerce etc.).

Documentation (B). A must have, imo.

Customers (A). If I’m evaluating OFBiz I would absolutely want to see who else has adopted
the platform.

Partners (A), same thinking as “Customers”.

Community (B). I would combine items from Community / About and News into here. This can also
have links to more developer focused content and links.

I also think that the Home Page can have a big impact on the layout. For example, Latest News
could be on the Home Page (with a link to “All News”) which lessens the priority for having
News prominently available on the NavBar. This is the same for the landing pages for the major
navbar items.

It’s always difficult to put this together and get it right the first time, and right for
all viewers. Nice start!

Nick