ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: using H2 database for accelerated development
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 12:56:23 GMT
On 22/09/2015 8:25 AM, Gabriel Oberreuter wrote:
> Thanks Adrian for the info, I hadn't checked that. We haven't seen problems
> related to h2 hdbc driver supporting only up to 4.0, but anyway, its not
> good to have something fundamental as the db in the "air".
>
> Thanks Peter and Ron for the info on RAMDisks. I think that first one should
> increase RAM and switch to SSD, though.

You are right that RAM and SSD will likely be a bigger improvement but
the RAMDrive is free and can be done in 15 minutes and should not
require any changes to your OFBiz configuration other than the folder name.
It may be fast enough to get you through the part of your testing where
you are reloading the seed data frequently where opening files eats more
I/O that reading the actual data.