ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] OFBiz New Website Structure Proposals – Feedback Required
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2015 02:46:55 GMT
+1
On 19/09/2015 8:09 AM, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:
> Hi Sharan,
>
> Thank you again for the excellent work, the structure keeps getting better and better.
I have a few more suggestions that are "nice to have":

> - I think it would still be better to remove or reduce the menu items such as those in
news and users and make that part of the page design and here is why:
> - I think twitter feeds do not warrant their own full page. and I also don't see a lot
of difference between blog and press.
> - you can create either a filter, a header, or a table to show users by industry and
even other categories inside the page.
> - A lot of websites put lots of links into the footer area for lesser used links and
as a form of secondary navigation. So we do not need to have everything that exists in the
main menu necessarily.

> so overall I would suggest that we always follow a "less is more" philosophy and make
new menu items where it is necessary and makes sense.

> With that being said, great job and I don't see a problem with going with this design
immediately even without applying the above.

--
Ron Wheeler
President