ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz Extensions Marketplace (OEM) - progress
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 14:34:05 GMT
I was wondering about how commercial can an Apache site be?
Will it be acceptable to create/host marketing materials at Apache for
individual companies that are selling the extensions or services?

I looked at OpenOffice since they have an extensions library but did not
see anything for sale. All the extensions seem to be free.
It is on http://extensions.openoffice.org/
  Some of their extension include a note which might be useful:

*Disclaimers*:

  * Apache, Apache OpenOffice and OpenOffice.org are trademarks of The
    Apache Software Foundation. Other names may be trademarks of their
    respective owners.
  * This project is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the Apache
    Software Foundation nor the Apache OpenOffice project in any way.

- See more at:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/17351#sthash.Pi4Jz3bc.dpuf
<quote>
[...]

https://directory.apache.org/commercial-support.html does have a a
single commercial entry and some policy statements that might be helpful

<quote>
Several companies have built products and services around the Apache
Directory™ project. This page is dedicated to providing descriptions of
those offerings and links to more information. Companies are definitely
encouraged to update this page directly or send a mail to the Apache
Directory™ PMC (private@directory.apache.org
<mailto:private@directory.apache.org>) with a description of their
offerings and we can update the page. The products and services listed
on this page are provided for information use only to our users. The
Apache Directory™ PMC does not endorse or recommend any of the products
or services on this page. See below for information about what is
appropriate to add to the page.

Policy for additions to this page

Companies are free to add information about their products and services
to this page. The information must be factual and informational in
nature and not be a marketing statement. Statements that promote your
products and services over other offerings on the page will not be
tolerated and will be removed. Such marketing statements can be added to
your own pages on your own site, but not here.

When in doubt, email the Apache Directory™ PMC
(private@directory.apache.org <mailto:private@directory.apache.org>) and
ask. We'd be happy to help.

</quote>

I hope that this helps the discussion.