ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] OFBiz New Website Structure Proposals – Feedback Required
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 06:20:32 GMT
Hi

Le 16/09/2015 11:40, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> Hi Sharan,
>
> I looked at the structure and have the following suggestions / comments:
>
> - on a second review, we have too many sub-menus. This can be overwhelming to people
navigating the website. Instead, you might take the content of the sub-menus and sprinkle
it around the pages

The old UI golden rule by Apple (before Windows with all "its" - sometimes creazy applications
- existed) was that "you shall not have more than 3
levels menus". This to say that I tend to agree with Taher here. Thought I'm not sure Sharan's
intention was to create 3rd level menus. Because I have
never seen that on web pages (or I forgot), where you have only horizontal menus entries with
each vertical sub-menus. Most of the times we indeed put
what would be 3rd level menus as links into pages, this is something you can't easily do out
of the HTML paradigm.

> - I suggest removing partners and making it part of the community menu. It does not add
a lot of value to make it a top level menu item.

+1, but then will need more redirections

> - I would suggest reordering the menus to be -> getting started, news, solutions,
documentation, community, customers

+0

> - perhaps we can drop all menu items under solutions, and make that part of the text
and layout of the page

Moot point, but again the HTML paradigm allows for more solutions than 2nd level menus...
It's all about creativity...

I want to add that I'm all for Subscriptions and Reservations pages, good idea. We have already
those pages for starting
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Subscription
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Proposal+for+Plane,+Bus,+Restaurant+and+Cinema+Seats
The 2nd should be amended/completed