ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Oberreuter <goberreu...@gmail.com>
Subject new functionality: payments collection
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 20:37:23 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to share what we have been doing with ofbiz.

We had an urgent requirement from administration which involved collecting
payments from customers. Our company usually sells products/services and ask
for the payment 30 days later. So we have this "collection" issue. Normally,
with usual customers, this topic is under control, but recently we have seen
lots of invoices not being paid.

The causes of this are mainly a lack of (pro)action by our side. In Chile we
have migrate to a system were all invoices should be electronic: now
Servicios de Impuestos Internos (SII - government tax collector) requires
that all Invoices are generated so that a XML representation is send to
their servers, and the obligation of companies regarding the exchange of
these documents ends with the sending by email of these XML to the other
companies. So, if we sell something, we send the XML by email to the
customer, and that's it.

With this change lots of companies are having issues adapting to this new
way of handling invoices.

Ok, now to the topic:

We were asked to implement a system to manage collections, and as we are in
the process of implementing ofbiz, we decided to do it ofbiz way.

Accouting component was extended so now each Invoice has "Collection
Actions" (for example, to send the PDF representation of the Invoice to the
customer, not only the XML one). Our staff should register all actions
excecuted to collect payments:
- calls/emails made to the customer, asking if they got the Invoice
- calls/emais sent to the customer, asking if everything is fine, and that
they should pay withing the time accorded
- and so on

The implementation is already in production in beta status, and is proving
to be very helpful. We import Invoice data from our existing system, and the
staff in charge of collections use Ofbiz to register all the collection
actions. They also use the Party component to register all customers contact
information.

Has anyone else had this requirement before, or now? For us Collections is a
big topic.

Greetings,
Gabriel