ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Sharan-F <sharan.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz Extensions Marketplace (OEM) - progress
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 07:57:01 GMT
I think that we will always need to find a balance between marketing OFBiz
and marketing specific Service Providers and a community driven effort to me
would be independent.

I agree too and think it would be really great if we could do something like
this as a community under the Apache banner and infrastructure. I’m sure it
would take a lot of work and organisation but the end result could be really
good for the project (and the community too!).

As well as learning from people in the community that have already tried to
establish something like this themselves, perhaps we could also find out
information from other Apache projects (e.g Maven, Cordova, OpenOffice) that
have gone through this stage of offering addons and 3rd party solutions and
are successfully managing it.

Thanks
Sharan