ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] OFBiz New Website Structure Proposals – Feedback Required
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 08:24:07 GMT
Hi Sharan,

To me, option B seems easier on the eyes and puts everything logically in its place. Option
A on the other hand seems to be structured in a way that is emphasizing things that might
not be necessary to all audiences.

For example, a listing of solutions is simpler that listing of solutions by role. Not everyone
joining will be a CFO or CIO. Also, I see no big distinction between products and solutions
to make it into two different menus. The platform menu does not seem to warrant a top level
menu and can go in the documentation under the technical documentation. The part I really
like from option A is partners and customers. So maybe we can put the news menu under community
and make a top level menu called customers and partners. Or maybe we can do the exact opposite.

The main menu is important, and should be logical and easy on the eyes. Having something like
team and platform as top level menu items is taking space that can be better organized with
items like those listed in option B.

Cheers, and thank you for the great work.

Taher Alkhateeb

----- Original Message -----

From: "Sharan-F" <sharan.foga@gmail.com>
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 8 September, 2015 10:56:32 AM
Subject: [MARKETING] OFBiz New Website Structure Proposals – Feedback Required

Hi Everyone

Thanks very much for the feedback on my thread about updating our current
website. Based on suggestions from the community I've put together a couple
of diagrams that show a proposed structure for the new OFBiz website.

Please note that these proposals are only meant as guides so we are still
open to getting feedback on any suggested changes.

The first option is :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Website+Structure+-+Option+A

The second option is:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Website+Structure+Option+B+-+Work+in+Progress

Next we need to get feedback from the community to understand which is the
most preferred, so please can you respond back to this thread with your
thoughts, suggestions, comments.

Thanks
Sharan