ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From damon henry <damonhe...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Can I add custom fields to inventory items?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:42:40 GMT
Hi Todd,
You extend database entities (database tables) in ofbiz using the entitymodel.xml files.
 These are found in the entitydef folders of different components.
You can either update the original xml files in your ofbiz installation, or if you are building
a brand new component you can extend an existing entity as part of your new component.  I
prefer the latter method as it leaves the original ofbiz untouched. Here is an example of
extending the InventoryItem entity that I recently did in a project I am working on.
    <extend-entity entity-name="InventoryItem">        <field name="htgAssetTag"
type="value"/>        <field name="htgType" type="value"/>        <field name="htgManufacturer"
type="value"/>        <field name="htgModelNumber" type="value"/>        <field
name="htgCondition" type="value"/>        <field name="htgDescription" type="value"/>
       <field name="htgInfo1" type="value"/>        <field name="htgInfo2" type="value"/>
       <field name="htgInfo3" type="value"/>        <field name="htgInfo4" type="value"/>
       <field name="htgInfo5" type="value"/>        <field name="htgInfo6" type="value"/>
       <field name="htgNotes" type="value"/>        <field name="htgHDD" type="value"/>
       <field name="htgFormFactor" type="value"/>        <field name="htgLeaseReturn"
type="indicator"/>        <field name="htgRedeployable" type="indicator"/>    </extend-entity>

When you restart ofbiz, it reads these files and automatically adds the new fields to the
database tables for you.  Take a look in the applications/accounting/entitydef/entitymodel.xml.
 If you do not have your own component that you are already working with you can update the
FixedAsset entity here.
damon