ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map operation in ftl
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2015 15:29:54 GMT
Hi Ashish,

I think your intention to use FreeMarker methods on your data structures is an indicator of
a problematic design. The main purpose of FreeMarker templates is to spit out your HTML documents
with variables replaced. You should avoid as much as you can having any logic in your templates
because that would make your code base much harder to maintain.

I recommend that you do any data manipulation in a groovy script or in Java and then handover
the data you built to FreeMarker which you can just extract with a loop over one of the container
types. If your purpose on the other hand is to have dynamic behavior, then the correct place
to support that is in JavaScript.

I hope that helps.

Taher Alkhateeb

----- Original Message -----

From: "Ashish Repal" <ashishrepal@gmail.com>
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, 2 August, 2015 5:30:08 PM
Subject: Map operation in ftl

Hi All,
I need to use map like data structure in ftl. I didnt find any in built
functionality in ftl like java where we create an object hashmap and get
access to various methods like put, remove etc.
What i found in ftl is like we need to create a string with : separator as
key value which requires much coding for basic add remove find operations.
Anybody has any idea on this. Please suggest.

Thanks

--

Regards,
Aashish Repal