ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: A New Initiative
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:51:53 GMT
The monolithic nature of OFBiz makes this instability inevitable.

There is insufficient separation between layers and it appears that
there is not a clear set or rules and policies (API) to control the
dependencies between modules.
The same people control all the layers which makes it easy to create
cross-layer dependencies and hard to describe and follow a roadmap.

Ron

On 31/08/2015 1:49 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
> having developed 52 Ofbiz apps, i would make this comment:working from Ofbiz repository
that people add things makes it impossible to maintain current apps that don't follow the
repository.I would imagine, any marketable app will not be able to use the Ofbiz  repository
without a lot of testing of the repository changes, each time there is an update.as to a market
place i and many Ofbiz developers use  Elance (Elance is moving to Upwork )

--
Ron Wheeler
President