ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Arnold" <parn...@paec.cl>
Subject RE: VAT Setup
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 05:00:41 GMT
The VAT tax seems to be added to the price because of following code in TaxAuthorityServices.java:

TaxAuthorityServices.java

// add up amounts from adjustments (amount OR exemptAmount, sourcePercentage)
                for (GenericValue taxAdjustment : taxAdustmentList) {
                    if ("SALES_TAX".equals(taxAdjustment.getString("orderAdjustmentTypeId")))
{
                        taxPercentage = taxPercentage.add(taxAdjustment.getBigDecimal("sourcePercentage"));
                        BigDecimal adjAmount = taxAdjustment.getBigDecimal("amount");
                        taxTotal = taxTotal.add(adjAmount);
                        priceWithTax = priceWithTax.add(adjAmount.divide(quantity,salestaxCalcDecimals,salestaxRounding));
                        Debug.logInfo("For productId [" + productId + "] added [" + adjAmount.divide(quantity,salestaxCalcDecimals,salestaxRounding)
+ "] of tax to price for geoId [" + taxAdjustment.getString("taxAuthGeoId") + "], new price
is [" + priceWithTax + "]", module);

Somehow, somewhere "orderAdjustmentTypeId" is set to "SALES_TAX" eventhough I am not aware
where this might be done as I have created the tax as a VAT-Tax.
Since above code detects:      if ("SALES_TAX".equals(taxAdjustment.getString("orderAdjustmentTypeId)))
as true, subsequently the line
				priceWithTax = priceWithTax.add(adjAmount.divide(quantity,salestaxCalcDecimals,salestaxRounding));
 is executed which is responsible for adding the VAT tax.

I have tracked this by using "verbose" - logging.

By comenting out above code the prices are correctly indicated when the product is displayed
in the ecommerce shop.
Nevertheless when performing Quick Check-Out and shipping the order to a Chilean address once
again a Sales Tax of 19% is added.
So far I have not found out which part of the code is responsible for adding the Sales Tax.

Help on this subject is much appreciated.

Regards,
Peter

---