ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Arnold" <parn...@paec.cl>
Subject RE: VAT Setup
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:51:22 GMT
Jaques,

Thank you for the interesting insight on debugging and your interest in the problems I am
describing here.

In order to reproduce the prices with added sales tax on the variant product, even though
set up as VAT and with "Tax in Price included" please follow the following steps.
It's a bit long but that's what I am doing step by step.

By the way, right now everything is setup with the following procedure in the online test
system OFBiz release 13.07.
http://demo-stable-ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/main?USERNAME=admin&PASSWORD=ofbiz&JavaScriptEnabled=Y
This safes you the work of setting up again.

Here is the procedure:

In Party Manager:

1. Create new Party Group with Name "SII_CHL"
	(Leave all settings for group creation as per standard)

2. Assign Role "Tax Authority" to party "SII_CHL"

In Accounting Module / Tax Autorities:

3. Create New Tax Authority with following settings:
	Geo:			CHL
	Party: 			SII_CHL
	Include Tax in Price: 	Y
	Leave other setting as is

4. Under "Product Rates" create new tax with following settings:
	Type: Value Added Tax
	Tax Percentage: 19
	From Date: Now
	Leave other settings as is

5. Expire the Sales Tax created under tax authority _NA_ by setting its corresponding thru
date to NOW.

6. Under Catalog Manager / Stores:
	Modify following Settings for OFBiz Ecommerce Store (ID:9000)
	Tax settings:
	Show Prices with VAT tax included: Y
	VAT Tax Auth Geo Id: CHL
	VAT Tax Auth Party Id: 10000 (Or the Party ID corresponding to the created Tax Authority
SII_CHL)

7. Expire all Promotions for OFBIZ E-Commerce Store [ID:9000] by setting all thru-dates to
NOW

8. Under Catalog Manager / Products: Create New Product with following settings:
	Internal Name: T-Shirt
	Is Virtual Product: Y

9. Under Catalog Manager / Products / Categories
	Assign the virtual product "T-Shirt" to the products category ID 200 (Widgets)
	-	Product Category ID: 200
	- 	From Date: Now
	Add

10 Under Catalog Manager / Products / Content

	In override Simple Fields
	Set Product Name to: "T-Shirt Virtual"
	Update

11. Under Catalog Manager / Features:

	Create New Feature Category.
	Submit

12. Create new Feature within feature Category "T-Shirt Colors":

	Create New Feature
	-	Feature Type: Color
	Update

	Create New Feature
	-	Feature Type: Color
	Update

13. Create 2 variant products under the virtual product "T-Shirt"

	Under Catalog Manager / Products
	Find T-Shirt Product
	Once T-Shirt Product is selected:

	Press Features Tab
	Under Add product features from Category or Group
	-	Choose T-Shirt Colors Category
	-	Feature Application Type: Selectable
	Add

	Screen with Blue and Red T-Shirt Colors appears.
	Set for both colors From Date: Now
	Sequence:1 for blue
	Sequence:2 for red
	Set a tick on each feature in order to select the feature for adding it.
	Apply

14. Under Catalog Manager / Products with "T-Shirt" virtual product selected press the Variants

tab
	The Quick add Variants screen appears.
	Define Product IDs for Blue and Red features.

	Blue: T-Shirt Blue
	Red: T-Shirt Red

	Set tick on both features in order to select for variant product creation.

	Create

15. Under Catalog Manager / Products / Prices set 2 new product prices for the created virtual

product "T-Shirt":

	-	Default Price
	-	From Date: Now
	- 	Price: 11.9
	-	Tax Percentage: 19
	-	Tax in price: Y
	Create

	-	List Price
	-	From Date: Now
	- 	Price: 11.9
	-	Tax Percentage: 19
	-	Tax in price: Y
	Create

Now the products should be visible in the E-Shop.
The Virtual Products Price appears at USD 14.16
If I Select the blue or the red T-Shirt Price is 11.9USD

Now I modify the Product Pricing on the Virtual Product.
	On Default- and List- Prices add:
	- Tax Percentage:	19
	- Tax Authority Party (ID):	10000 (Or whatever ID corresponds to SII_CHL Party)
	- Tax Auth Geo Id:	CHL
		Update

Back in the E-Shop on the product display now the correct prices appear.
I.E. 11.9 USD for the virtual product, the red, and the blue shirt.

Now I preselect the blue T-Shirt and add 1 to the shopping cart.
If I go to the cart now the price of the Blue T-Shirt is 14,16USD.

Now let's define a product price directly on the Red T-Shirt variant product:

Under Catalog Manager / Product select the product "T-Shirt Red".

	Under the Prices Tab:
	- Price Type:	Default Price
	- From Date: 	Now
	- Price:	11.9
	- Tax Percentage: 19
	- Tax Authority Party (ID): 10000 (Or corresponding ID to SII_CHL)
	- Tax Auth Geo ID: CHL
	- Tax in Price: Y
	Create

	- Price Type:	List Price
	- From Date: 	Now
	- Price:	11.9
	- Tax Percentage: 19
	- Tax Authority Party (ID): 10000 (Or corresponding ID to SII_CHL)
	- Tax Auth Geo ID: CHL
	- Tax in Price: Y
	Create

Back to the E-Shop

	Select now the Red T-Shirt and add to shopping cart.

	If you check the prices in the shopping cart the red T-Shirt would be sold at 11.9 USD and
the blue T-Shirt at 14.16USD.
	Only difference being that I have set up pricing directly on the Red T-Shirt, while the blue
one gets its price from the virtual product T-Shirt.

If you do the Quick Check out with a Chilean "Ship To" address and get to the "Final Checkout
Review", you can see that for the Red T-Shirt no sales Tax is applied while for the blue one
there is a sales tax of USD 2.26

Kind Regards,

Peter

---
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrĂ³nico en busca de virus.