ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Smaller Version of OFBIz Powered By Logo
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:16:04 GMT
On 27/07/2015 12:45 AM, Paul Foxworthy wrote:
> On 27 July 2015 at 14:39, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com>
> wrote:
>

>> 2) The product's name is "Apache OFBiz" not OFBiz and it makes sense for
>> the logo to include the proper name.
>>
> Then shouldn't the two words appear side by side in the logo?
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul Foxworthy

That is not always the case.
I think Sharan and I have found quite a few cases in he Apache world
where the logo just includes a graphic element (feather usually) to
reference Apache or does not include any reference to Apache in the
graphic (Solr).

The less that appears in the logo graphic gives more flexibility in how
it can be used.

There can be images in our library that include both the graphic and
some text to make it easier to get what people want on their own product
docs while retaining some consistency.
We can make as many of these as we want with whatever text people need
and want to share in the "cost" of creating.
If a company feels that it is important in their market to associate
themselves with the Apache name, they will want to have the OFBiz logo
with "Apache" above, below, right or left of the OFBiz logo.
They might do this only with their technical documentation that is going
to be read by IT people who know the Apache name.
They might just use the OFBiz logo on documentation destined for
accountants and non-technical managers who will associate Apache is with
the name of an American First Nation.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler