ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] OFBiz Online Documentation
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2015 21:14:41 GMT
Thanks Ron,

That's interesting but seems quite a lot of work, not sure the community will commit to provide
it... Let's see...

I also wonder if this could not be done with DocBook or AsciiDoc. What is specific to DITA
that 2 other systems have not to do the same?

Thanks

Jacques

Le 31/05/2015 15:59, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
> [...]
materials, RFP responses and custom end-user documentation that
simply by defining a map that calls up the topics that you need in
and this seems to be a major value that will motivate people to

>>> You know and use DITA professionally so you have arguments. I have no (at all)
experience with AsciiDoc so I can't give good arguments. Could you
>>> though explain what you mean by  "RFP responses and custom end-user documentation
that could be largely composed of topics from the shared OFBiz
>>> library of topics simply by defining a map that calls up the topics that you
need"? Notably what is exactly the "shared OFBiz library of topics"?
>> Ho, I think you already answered with http://intuillion.com/2015/05/27/how-we-used-dita-to-automate-generation-of-requirements-documents/
I will
>> read that...
>>
>> Though still, what is exactly the "shared OFBiz library of topics"?:)
>>
>> Jacques
>>
> Short answer.
> The manual or help system git project would have topics such as
> *Concept Topics*
> - goal of OFBiz eCommerce  - OFBiz_eCommerce_goal.dita
> - OFBiz eCommerce overview - OFBiz_eCommerce_overview.dita
> - OFBiz eComerce Benefits - OFBiz_eCommerce_benefits.dita
> - OFBiz eCommerce Features - OFBiz_eCommerce_features.dita
> - OFBiz ecommerce and Paypal - OFBiz_eCommerce_with_Paypal.dita
> - OFBiz eCommerce and Google Wallet - OFBiz_eCommerce_with_Google_Wallet.dita
> - Shopping cart Overview
> *Task Topics*
> - configuring PayPay in OfBiz - Configuring_OFBiz_eCommerce_with_Paypal.dita
> - configuring Google Wallet in OFBiz - Configuring_OFBiz_eCommerce_with_Google_Wallet.dita
> - Shopping Cart payment process - Paying_with_eCommerce
>   - with Paypal - Paying_with_eCommerce_through_PayPal
>   - with Google Wallet - Paying with eCommerce_through_Google_Wallet
>

> There would be hundreds of topics when you start to breakdown all of the things that
one might want to say about OFBiz in help and the web site.

> If you were writing a marketing brochure for your company, you would create a ditamap
that included "OFBiz_eCommerce_overview.dita" and perhaps
> "OFBiz_eCommerce_benefits.dita" or "OFBiz_eCommerce_features.dita". The map would include
references to other similar pieces from the library.
> You would have your company profile, perhaps some topics targeted at the industry that
you are approaching, and a topic that has your references.
> This DITAmap would be processed through your customized DITA-OT process to add your branding
and format it as a brochure.

> If you were responding to an RFP that asked about Paypal, you might select  "OFBiz_eCommerce_overview.dita"
and "OFBiz_eCommerce_with_Paypal.dita"
> with "Paying_with_eCommerce_through_PayPal" if the RFP asked for details.
> You would have your own topics about legal, support, references, industry experience,
etc that you would include in the RFP respose.