ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From masionas <michael.koro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delegator vs. GenericDelegator
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:12:53 GMT
Taher, I believe you are an expert and this is good that you know that
interface can't be instantiated unless it is implemented in some particular
class. My question was different though.

In ofbiz you can see both of these:

1)
Delegator delegator = (Delegator) request.getAttribute("delegator");
delegator.findByAnd(...)

2)
GenericDelegator delegator = (GenericDelegator)
request.getAttribute("delegator");
delegator.findOne(....)

I think in earlier versions it used to be mostly GenericDelegator which was
used, but in later ones it has been changed to Delegator. But there are
still some places with Generic. I was wondering if there is something like
ofbiz best practice for using either one.