ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: [MARKETING] Updating our OFBiz Website
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 08:43:23 GMT
Hi Sharan,

+1 on all points, with the following additional comments:

On May 26, 2015, at 10:09 AM, Sharan-F <sharan.foga@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'd like to start a discussion about changing and updating our main project
> website. We have had our current side for quite a while now and I think that
> it would be good to update it.
>
> Here are some of my initial thoughts
>
> 1. Our logo takes up less space now and we have a lot of space at the top so
> perhaps we could look at moving the navigation bar into this area

+1
We could also improve the quality/resolution of the current logo.

> 2. A lot of the links on the right hand side could be moved into a drop down
> navigation bar to give us more space

Or moved to a secondary page; but please consider that the links under "Apache Software Foundation"
are requested by the ASF; or at least were requested and before moving them in a less prominent
position we should check with the ASF.

> 3. The site itself contains a lot of words which I think makes it hard for
> visitors to see what is important
> 4. If we want to focus on potential visitor types (e.g. developers and
> business users) then we need to adapt the website and highlight what would
> interest them and encourage them into trying OFBiz
> 5. At the moment he biggest thing we highlight is downloading OFBiz (yet why
> would someone download if they are not sure that it meets their needs).
> 6. On my version of linux (14.04 LTS) the webpage doesn't fill the screen
> (I'm not sure if that is just me!)
> 7. We have links to two versions of OFBiz demos (do we really need 2?)
> without any instructions for users as to what they need to do. If for some
> reason they are logged out they have no instructions how to log in again.

We can keep the links to one and then move the others to a less prominent place/page.

> 8. The 'News' section is very static and gets out of date quickly. We have
> resurrected our blog so perhaps it would be better to replace this with a
> blog feed instead.

+1

Jacopo