ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Sharan-F <sharan.f...@gmail.com>
Subject [MARKETING] OFBiz Marketing Roadmap and Strategy
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 16:25:26 GMT
Hi All

A while ago I created a Draft Marketing and Communications Roadmap on the
wiki

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Marketing+and+Communication+Roadmap
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Draft+Marketing+and+Communication+Roadmap>

The main tasks identified at the time were as follows:

1. Manage OFBiz Product branding and brand re-alignment
2. Develop strategy to encourage more business users
3. Review and Update OFBiz website (technical and business focus)
4. Setup an online Demo tailored for business users
5. Develop a set of common generic marketing material (integrator
independent)
6. Events and Conferences

We have already done some work on regarding the branding and brand
re-alignment, events (Apachecon) and also social media (Twitter, Blogging)
but I'd really like to get things moving in other areas too so will be happy
to get feedback (and hopefully participation) particularly from this mailing
list on these topics.

We will also be looking for people to help with general project and
community marketing activities as follows:

- Authors - to write marketing content
- Proofreaders / Editors - to review drafts and improve them
- Graphic Artists / Designers - to design graphics and layout
- Website Designers - to help re-design OFBiz website
- Translators - to take documents and translate them into other languages
- Wikipedia Authors - to create, review and update wikipedia related content
- Social Media - to help promote and create awareness on social media
- Speakers - to present or deliver OFBiz related talks at conferences or
Open Source events

so if you'd like to volunteer for any of the roles, please add your name to
the table on the wiki page.

One of the areas I'd really like to start with is a review and potential
re-design of our main website so I will be starting a range of discussion
threads so please watch out for them).

Thanks
Sharan