ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Chris Clark <rip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: automation of inventory receive process simliar to import of external data
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 20:38:31 GMT
so for instance if i strip down for parts a model abc
and end up with parts (product ids)
abc100.... abc120 (20 parts total)
and assume i only want to deal with inventory for now, and not for
accounting (although i presume i am going to need to address the
accounting), then correct me if i am wrong
I do NOT have to create a shipmentreceipt
ONE new inventory item for EACH part #
also ONE new inventoryitemdetail for each part#?

fwiw from what i have experienced with trial and error i have to create a
new AcctgTrans in order to even create a new ShipmentReceipt (receiptId)
entry

this is all new to me, but i have to say the ability to integrate this into
what i would call "shell transactions" is awesome as it allows us to forego
the gui and the repetitive movements that plague all us computer users