ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Chris Clark <rip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: systemd.service startup service script file?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 14:19:45 GMT
right but rc.d files are extinct everything uses what is called systemd to
boot up services as daemons now

http://www.tecmint.com/systemd-replaces-init-in-linux/

this is another "architecture" for the daemonization process, it does not
rely on bash scripts with all kinds of various thing defined but instead
relies on things that are called .service files that reside in the
/lib/systemd/system dir and control the daemonization process... I am a red
hat man and this is the method they use, soon to be, if not already now,
exclusively... Im sure out of the many many many people on this list
someone has made the switch, and I will go look in the install dir for a
.service file...  If i happen to get it, either from someone or manufacture
it, can i upstream it?

Chris