ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Robert Lasater <rob...@ineight.net>
Subject Re: Inventory Transfer and Shipping Scenario
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 14:05:57 GMT
Those products are send to the customer on consignment. Technically, we
still own the product until it is sold, by our customer. Only when it is
actually sold should we remove it from our inventory. For accounting
purposes, we need to track that inventory as a current asset, until it is
sold by them. Make sense?

Clearly, we need to send that product through the shipping process.
However, if it is possible, we would like to maintain it in inventory.

Here is another possibility:

1) Ship product one from 'main facility
2) Transfer product two over to 'second' facility
3) Ship product two from 'second' facility as it gets sold by our client

Is that possible?

It would be much easier if it were two separate orders. However, the client
places this a single order.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert