ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Anil Patel <anil.pa...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Inventory Transfer and Shipping Scenario
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 19:25:13 GMT
Robert,
I agree with the solution you have proposed. All your retail/dealer
locations (or any other channel of sales) will be setup as facility in
OFBiz. OFBiz has support for Inventory transfer process. When needed you
can do Stock Move between facility locations.
‚Äč
When Inventory from alternate facility (retail location) is sold, The user
should set the correct "ship from facility" in the order entry process. I
have not run this process myself in OOTB OFBiz, it is possible that UI
tools may not exists for some steps in the business process, please be
prepared to spend some effort on minor enhancements. I am aware of few
OFBiz installations that have similar business needs.

I and Jacopo will be in SLC during next week, If you need further help or
if you will like to have a conversation in person, we can get together for
a coffee :)

Regards
Anil Patel