ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon 2015
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:24:21 GMT
True, there are widget elements that allow you to use HTML-specific
artifacts, but those were created as a workaround.

I don't agree that "no one is practicing this." There have been efforts
in the past where FreeMarker templates were replaced with widgets. Also,
there are many instances in the project where widgets are used to
produce PDF and CSV files - so someone practiced "generic layout only"
to create those files.

Throughout my presentation, I used examples from the current trunk to
demonstrate how NOT to do things. So, I don't believe that the current
trunk is a good representation of best practices.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com