ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Subject Re: automation of inventory receive process simliar to import of external data
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 20:18:07 GMT
Hi Chris,

please see inline:

On Apr 9, 2015, at 1:16 PM, Chris Clark <rip057@gmail.com> wrote:

> ive actually answered my own question... sort of... the key files that are
> of importance from my research are
>
> AcctgTrans.xml
> AcctgTransEntry.xml

the above two entries are about General Ledger accounting transaction: AcctgTrans is the header
and AcctgTransEntry are the Dr and Cr entries; if you are not planning to use accounting you
could even skip them.

> ShipmentReceipt.xml

This represent the "document" for the receipt; the GL transactions are associated to this
document.

> InventoryItem.xml
> and last but not least
> InventoryItemDetail.xml

You should create one new InventoryItem for each ShipmentReceipt; then you should also create
the InventoryItemDetail with the initial units received; this will trigger a service that
will update the InventoryItem.quantityOnHandTotal field.

I hope it helps,

Jacopo