ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Len Shein" <lsh...@solveda.com>
Subject Spam Bots - Placing orders in ofbiz - Denial of Service detection
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 13:53:00 GMT
We have an Ofbiz application where orders were obviously placed by a 'spam
bot'.  The payment Gateways thankfully rejected the credit card
transactions.  We were able to trace the IP address of these visits back to
a cloud hosted provider; unlikely a legitimate customer.  As a short term
fix we can block a specific range of IP addresses at the Web Server level
and not allow entry of these IP's to the application server.  However as
long term fix a solution that is able to detect these types of attacks would
be the way to go.

Is anyone in the community aware of a DOS (Denial of Service) attack
detection, which can be used at either the application or web server levels?

Len Shein

lshein@solveda.com <mailto:lshein@solveda.com>

http://bigfish.solveda.com

Office: 516.742.7888 ext.225