ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject ORRTIZ: BMS 4 Manufacturing - new evolution
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 12:30:23 GMT
Hi All,

It pleases me to be able to inform you that we have implemented a new
evolution of our ORRTIZ:BMS 4 Manufacturing. ORRTIZ: BMS 4 Manufacturing is
a complete suite of applications tailored for both assembly and process
oriented manufacturing.

This latest evolution incorporates following improvements:

*Batches and lots*

   - We now include the following data elements when registering batches:
   id of the manufacturer, the manufacturer's reference of the batch, the id
   of the associated product, the manufacturing date of the product.

   - The registration process regarding inventory items has been enhanced
   to be able to differentiate between the supplier and the manufacturer of
   the batch. This applies to both deliveries from external parties and goods
   movements related to internal manufacturing.

   - We include a search and find functionality on batch data, with a
   dynamic drill down from batch to inventory item (and details).

*Manufacturing*

   - Resources (parties) can now be managed on production runs and their
   tasks. This enables manufacturers to identify external manufacturing
   partners, production managers and workers, quality assurance staff and
   other persons involved in manufacturing processes.

   - Resources (parties) identified on production schema's are now cloned
   when a new production run is created.

   - Production run headers now show the associated manufacturing party and
   production schema.

   - Preceding and succeeding production runs can now be set/managed from
   the production run.

   - Content can now be associated to production schemas and schema tasks.

   - Production run now shows content of the product to be manufactured,
   product components, production schemas and schema tasks, associated fixed
   assets.

*Equipment*

   - Content can now be associated to fixed assets. This enables equipment
   managers to manage digital documents/files of production equipment and
   other types of fixed assets in one place.

*General enhancements & improvements*

We have incorporated many bug fixes and other improvements leading to
reduction of data transmissions, enhancement of performance and user
experience.

With these enhancements ORRTIZ: BMS 4 Manufacturing moves to the head of
the class of open source manufacturing management solutions. Our latest
evolution is based on release branch 14 of OFBiz.

For more information on our ORRTIZ: BMS solutions, feel free to contact me
directly or visit our website.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*