ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Scale image (Content Management)
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 05:44:16 GMT
Did you have a look at http://demo-trunk-ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/Imagemanagement ?

Jacques

Le 15/01/2015 11:07, Ingo Wolfmayr a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to share my thoughts on what I am currently working on with the hope to
get  some input to have it done 100% Ofbiz style. Maybe this feature could be interesting
for the project:

> Goal: resize uploaded images to predefined scales (Content Management)
> File representation:
>
> Original ../ofbiz/runtime/uploads/11111111/10001.jpeg
> Small ../ofbiz/runtime/uploads/11111111/SMALL/10001.jpeg
>
> Reason: improve load time of page by reducing image size
>
> How to:
>
> Config:
> - Define scales
> - Turn feature on & off.
>
> Create Service "createScalesFromUploadedImage" and add code to do the resize job.
>
> Insert service in:
> .. applications\content\servicedef
>
>      <service name="createContentFromUploadedFile" engine="group" transaction-timeout="300">
>          <description>Accepts file upload, creates DataResource and Content records.</description>
>          <!-- uses createContent internally; additonal permission(s) not necessary
-->
>          <group>
>              <invoke name="createDataResource" parameters="preserve" result-to-context="true"/>
>              <invoke name="attachUploadToDataResource" parameters="preserve" result-to-context="true"/>
>              <invoke name="createContentFromDataResource" parameters="preserve" result-to-context="true"/>
>             <invoke name="createScalesFromUploadedImage"/>
>          </group>
>      </service>
>      <service name="updateContentAndUploadedFile" engine="group" transaction-timeout="300">
>          <description>Accepts file upload, updates DataResource and Content records.</description>
>          <group>
>              <invoke name="updateDataResource" parameters="preserve" result-to-context="true"/>
>              <invoke name="attachUploadToDataResource" parameters="preserve" result-to-context="true"/>
>              <invoke name="updateContent" parameters="preserve" result-to-context="true"/>
> 			<invoke name="createScalesFromUploadedImage"/>
>          </group>
>      </service>
>

> This works already using CMS. Creating an image by using "create content" seems to call
different methods to upload the image. I still have to check why.

> Adding an "ImageWorker" class to access the scaled images with methods like " getImageScaleFromDataResource,
getImageScaleFromContent ". I do not thing they should be added to the database as dataresources
as they are just another representation of the original image. If the image scale is not available
it will be created on fly. If the original image is there, there is no reason to result in
404. Service to scale the image is called when
> - uploading,
> - updating,
> - retrieved and file is not available.
>
> Workflow to stream the image:
>
> Call stream like: "stream?contentId=10001?scale=small"
>
> "stream" --> DataEvents.serveObjectData
>
> Add:
> String imageScale = (String) httpParams.get("scale");
> .
> .
> resourceData = ImageWorker. getImageScaleFromDataResource (dataResource, https, webSiteId,
locale, contextRoot, scale, false);