ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From gil portenseigne <gil.portensei...@nereide.fr>
Subject Re: Help needed to update an OFBiz Wiki Graffle Diagram
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 09:01:46 GMT
Hello,

Care of http://www.neogia.org/wiki/index.php/U.F.O. link, the dot at the
end is needed...

As a testimony of this tool usage, its a great tool too quickly make UML
diagrams from an OFBiz datamodel instance.

When launching the app, you just have to specify the local OFBiz
installation folder and UFO will propose all the entities ordered in
their packages, available to drag and drop and make a new diagram.
Relation are displayed automatically between entities.

Diagrams are saved in a ufo format for later edition and can be exported
to png or svg.

Gil

Le 16/12/2014 09:24, pierre.gaudin a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> There is a tool : UFO (UML for OFBIz) that have been developed to make
> UML diagrams from OFBiz XML entity definition :
> http://ufo.labs.libre-entreprise.org/UFO/index.html
> http://www.neogia.org/wiki/index.php/U.F.O.
>
> We use it for a long time and it works well. It's on GPL licence but
> may be it can be set to Apache licence.
>
> Pierre
> On 16/12/2014 05:38, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> The graphs at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Data+Model+Diagrams
>> were done using OmniGraffle, that's all what I know. Are you
>> referring to other places (IIRW other places are older...)
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 15/12/2014 20:37, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
>>> Others may have more definite information about what has been used
>>> in the past.
>>>
>>> I have seen UML(use case) drawings in the wiki that use the same (or
>>> very similar) graphics that ArgoUML uses.
>>> ArgoUML is open source
>>> We are only scratching the surface in our internal use of it so I am
>>> not an expert modeller but it looks like something that an
>>> experienced UML modeler should be able to use to get most of the
>>> diagrams required to support development.
>>>
>>> It would be nice to have a product that deals with the issue of
>>> version control and SCM for models in a way that allowed many people
>>> to update the models.
>>> It is probably possible to partition the model into enough chunks
>>> that people can keep the models up to date without tripping over
>>> each other.
>>>
>>> There are a lot of database models already part of the documentation
>>> but I am not sure if they are up to date.
>>> I also do not know what tool was used to make them
>>> We use MySQL Workbench which is free and produces diagrams that are
>>> pretty aesthetically pleasing.
>>>

>>> Ron

Office or

Component Set