ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Data File Tools and Hierarchical Flat Files
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 20:27:53 GMT
I did not read these pages again (a long time now), but they might help, and you may give us
your opinion:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Handling+of+External+data
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Import+Data+Using+Apache+POI+api

Jacques

Le 12/12/2014 18:02, Adrian Crum a écrit :
> The easiest way to use the tool is to import the CSV file into a specialized table to
contain the data. After the import, invoke a service that
> processes the data in the table.
>
> Adrian Crum
> Sandglass Software
> www.sandglass-software.com
>
> On 12/12/2014 4:38 PM, Forrest Rae wrote:
>> I had a bit more of a play with the tool, read the source, and as far as
>> I can tell, it doesn't do anything with relationships. Basically, it
>> will work for the Product entity (as all the examples are based) as
>> there is no real relationship involved here.
>>
>> Probably best to throw this thing out the window and write one from
>> scratch that calls the appropriate services I suppose.  Anyone taken
>> this approach before?
>>
>> -Forrest
>>
>> On 12/11/14, 8:52 PM, Forrest Rae wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I'm a bit stumped by this, and I can't imagine I'm the first person to
>>> need to import a bunch of party data from a flat file (CSV). I'm trying
>>> to figure out the Data File Tools.  It makes one small mention of
>>> hierarchical flat files:
>>>
>>> "can support hierarchical flat files (ie where parent/child
>>> relationships are implied by sub-records)."
>>>
>>> I have a CSV file, basically contains a bunch of potential customers
>>> from a CRM, exported in the following columns:
>>>
>>> PartyGroupName
>>> Address
>>> City
>>> stateProvinceGeoId