ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <joelfrad...@gmail.com>
Subject facility locations
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 18:34:07 GMT
I am trying to make taking inventory easier.
I was thinking of adding location and position, but was afraid how hard it
would be to count inventory (one product) in two locations.
Looking at facility I see a location tab.
Any one using this? Is there a clear explanation of how to use ofbiz
facility location, and how does it impact things like QOH in physical
inventory (which does not appear to know about locations).
As much as I have played around I still dont understand picking which it
appears locations is used for.
I can purchase and receive inventory, but dont see exactly how shipping
group plays into it, or how picking works. I am not selling. I do P.O. and
quick receive the P.O. I use the min quantity to generate requirements and
move those to P.O. I did see a min qty on location, so not sure if that
works the same for requirements. Any docs out there I could read to get a
better feel for creating locations and using them for physical inventory in
a specific order. My current custom P.O. does not create an invoice, I think
I am missing creating the ship group. It does let me receive the inventory.

-----
Joel Fradkin