ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Gavin Mabie <kwikst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Theme bootstrap
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:49:34 GMT
Hi Julien

I'd like to join the team.  I've done some work with bootstrap, albeit on
ecommerce and front-end sites.  For backend apps I believe that the task
should be approached systematically and that this could also be an
opportunity to bed down some ui design principles - which could captured in
the wiki - as a page on its own.  The wiki already contains  information on
widgets (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Understanding+the+OFBiz+Widget+Toolkit),
but nowhere does it recommend best practices for ui design.  A suggested
approach:
1. Start with screen widgets - the widget-screen.xsd will need to be
revisited to align this with the Bootstrap CSS (grid-system amongst others);
2. Form widgets - revisit widget-form.xsd;
3. Menus and navigation - widget-menu.xsd;
4. Styling - customisation and theming.

What do you think?

Gavin