ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting a new
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 11:05:46 GMT
Taher,

Every commit registered in trunk should be considered when you have an
production implementation that is based on a released version and when you
want to stay on top of bug fixes and improvements for your customers.

Applying changes to the production environment without due diligence in the
production environment for your own or your customers is introducing risk
to the sustainability of your and their organisations. Risk mitigation is
always a pain. But needs to be done dilligently.

Switching to Git, like others in the project have done, does have its
advantages when it comes to commits done in another way than through patch
files in JIRA issues. Nevertheless, it doesn't forego on the aspect that
each commit must be investigated and assessed regarding its impact (risk vs
benefit) on your production environment.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-